Diabetes is a condition in which the body is either unable to make insulin or cannot use the insulin it produces efficiently. Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas, and its role is to manage the amount of glucose in the blood. Not managing blood glucose properly leads to high blood glucose levels (hyperglycemia), which could on the long run damage body organs, blood vessels, nerves and tissue.
- Diabetes is categorized into three main types: Type 1 Diabetes – the pancreas does not make enough or any insulin to control blood glucose levels in the body; Insulin need to be given through injections.
- Type 2 Diabetes – the body does not respond to the insulin produced appropriately, or insulin production in the pancreas gradually decreases. A wide range of medication that improve insulin action or enhance insulin secretion are usually prescribed.
- Gestational Diabetes – a type of diabetes that happens to pregnant women usually tested at 24 to 28 weeks of pregnancy. Diet and insulin are used for treatment. Gestational diabetes raises the risk of developing type 2 diabetes later in life for both mother and child.
Several private hospitals or clinics have physicians specialized in endocrinology and diabetes management. You can also follow at the diabetes clinics in the primary health care centers provided you have a health card. The health card is usually issued after your residency permit is ready.
Anim pariatur cliche reprehenderit, enim eiusmod high life accusamus terry richardson ad squid. 3 wolf moon officia aute, non cupidatat skateboard dolor brunch. Food truck quinoa nesciunt laborum eiusmod. Brunch 3 wolf moon tempor, sunt aliqua put a bird on it squid single-origin coffee nulla assumenda shoreditch et. Nihil anim keffiyeh helvetica, craft beer labore wes anderson cred nesciunt sapiente ea proident. Ad vegan excepteur butcher vice lomo. Leggings occaecat craft beer farm-to-table, raw denim aesthetic synth nesciunt you probably haven't heard of them accusamus labore sustainable VHS.
The Qatar Diabetes Association provides a large variety of services to the community such as education training and support for people with diabetes or at risk of getting it. Some of the services offered at QDA include:
- Meet with the diabetes educator and work together on a management plan
- Visit the dietitian to learn more about how food affects your blood sugar and decide together on an individualized dietary plan.
- Follow up with the foot specialist on the status of your foot nerves and blood circulation
- Get a referral to check your eyes and your heart status
- Receive education on Insulin pump and carbohydrate counting
- Join our gymnasium and be active in controlling your diabetes
To book an appointment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit QDA anytime between 7:30 am to 3:00 pm from Sunday to Thursday to be seen by the healthcare professionals in the walk-in clinic.
The diabetes educators at Qatar Diabetes Association are a trained and experienced team of professionals available to support people with diabetes in adopting the right self-care behavior to manage the condition. You will acquire a better understanding of how diabetes works, the role of medication, diet and exercise and blood glucose monitoring in reaching diabetes control. You will also learn and develop the necessary skills to solve issues that might arise (i.e. low blood glucose levels and high blood glucose levels) and take the right decision to cope with any challenges The team is always available to provide support and motivation in your diabetes journey To book an appointment with a diabetes educator, please send an email to email@example.com.
QDA Dietetic Clinic helps you manage your diet and carbohydrate intake while considering factors including your current nutritional status, your diabetes control, the type of medication/insulin and overall lifestyle. In addition, the team provides counseling on special dietary interventions for people at risk of diabetes to reduce their weight and prevent diabetes. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment with a dietitian in Qatar Diabetes Association.
The Foot Care Clinic in Qatar Diabetes Association supports the patient by doing foot exams and self- care education. The foot exam is a special exam done by a podiatrist or other healthcare providers to inspect your feet carefully to avoid foot problems that can occur due to decreased blood circulation and lack of sensation in the foot. To book an appointment with the Foot Care Clinic, please send an email to email@example.com.
Yes, Qatar Diabetes Association has two separate gym halls for males and females. An assessment by the clinical team prior to registration is necessary to test eligibility for gym membership. A monthly nominal fee is required to join the gym Gym Timings:
All types of insulin available in the European Union or North America are available in Qatar in the private or public sector
Glucometers are available in Qatar Diabetes Association with maximum discount. You can also exchange your malfunctioning glucometer for free. Visit us to check our latest offers