Diabetes is a common chronic disease all over the world it affects all types of society including children, women, youth and adults. Diabetes is one of the world's biggest killers. Today we have 387 million people with diabetes and the total number will exceed 592 million by 2035 (IDF Statistics Figure). 1 in 2 people with diabetes DO NOT KNOW they have it.
The Qatar Diabetes Association (QDA) is a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development (QF) and with support from His Highness the Father Amir Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani and His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Emir of the State of Qatar, and under the auspices of H.H. Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser the Chairperson of QF, QDA provides useful and up to date information, Health education and diet and various programs throughout the year to various segments of society, that will help patients understand the reality of diabetes, ways of living with it and abidance with proper care.
QDA works with other partners in the Health Care Field in Qatar to combat this major health epidemic, by:
- Providing innovative patient care
- Working diligently on Diabetes Prevention
- Providing leaflets and information about diabetes its management and prevention
- Patients’ diabetes education and support section
- Nutrition Section
- Gyms(lounge for women and another for men)
- Care Program Unit
- Public relations, support and funding.
- Scientific committee